Monday, February 11, 2008

My Job Search and More

So, as I believe I mentioned in the last post, I have been searching for a job for quite some time now. It has recently gotten a little better, and also quite a bit more interesting.

I got a job babysitting a 4 yr old girl who lives near by here, just to make some money until I find a real job. Last week, we had a ministry fair on campus and a pastor of a nearby church aske me if I was looking for a job. So I was really excited that she was hiring. I sent her my resume, and I should find out tomorrow or sometime this week if I get anything. The two positions are Sunday school coordinator and worship intern. Not sure which one I'd rather have, but either way it'd be a lot of fun.

However, before this happened, I was starting to get really desperate. So I sent an application to John Wayne Airport to see if I could get a job as a security screener... You know, like one of those people who runs bags through the screener and stuff. I totally didn't think I would even pass the first step. I basically sent it as a joke. But today I got an email back from the TSA saying that I met the requirements and they would like me to come in for a computerized test. I'm still not sure if I'm going to do it, but I Thought it was funny. Maybe I'd get free plane tickets and stuff... Ya never know.

Well that is pretty much the update for now. I'm looking forward to Valentines Day coming up on Thursday! YAY!

4 comments:

Jillian said...

I can't believe they accepted you. I thought banana sniffing would put you out for sure.

Anonymous said...

How hard would it be to get something into an airport past Shiloh??

Hahaha, you know I'm just kidding, Shi. I love you!!!

And I can only say that because you're thousands of miles away. :( Miss you!

Sarah said...

hahaha i'll let everyone else make fun of you in their comments... but on a brighter note... if you get cheap tickets you could visit us cool people at Calvin!! you know you miss us ;)

Jillian said...

Way to bail out on the ear piercing today. Geez. I was looking forward to that entertainment... way to let me down.